The Natural Path 7-day Body Cleanse Diet and Detoxification Program
This is a 7 day body cleanse diet that Dr. Madda and Dr. Phillipo designed 4 years ago. They lead this body cleanse diet throughout the year at their clinic and also recommend that their HCG Diet patients begin the HCG Diet Program with this 7 day body cleanse and detoxification program.BODY CLEANSE DIet QUICK START Guidelines…
- Eat as many vegetables as you like. We recommend avoiding starchy vegetables such as potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, squash, corn, etc., as a means to keep your blood sugar in balance. We also recommend limiting avocado and night shade family vegetables (tomato, pepper, potato, eggplant) to maximize your cleansing potential. Please limit fruit to three servings per day to avoid spikes in blood sugar. Blueberries (all berries) are a great choice for fruit.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of pure water every day. Herbal teas are also encouraged … Yogi Tea make a nice Detox tea blend.
- Every morning ~ upon rising squeeze half a lemon in a glass of warm water. This will prime your gallbladder and liver to work more effectively. 5 Body Cleanse Diet capsules can be taken with your lemon water (and again 2 more times through the day).
- For seven days, do your best to avoid coffee, alcohol, sugar, artificial sweeteners and caffeine containing beverages. These are ‘chemicals’ that we are trying to purify from the body. If coffee is a must, limit it to one cup per day and drink it black. The caffeine in green tea is more natural and balanced. Green tea is high in anti-oxidants and assists with cleansing the body.† It is also best to avoid all grains, meat, dairy, soy, etc. … Fruits, vegetables and Body Cleanse Diet Powderwill be your food this week.
- Get plenty of sleep! Adequate rest provides the body with time to heal and cleanse on a deeper level. The nutrients in the Body Cleanse powder & capsules, as well as the fruits and vegetables will accelerate the cleansing process and you may feel more tired than usual for the first few days. This is part of detoxifying and I assure you that by the end of the week you will feel energized!
- Keep your exercise and physical activity to a moderate level. Instead of a vigorous workout consider yoga, stretching, a walk in nature or a nice, mellow bike ride.
- Take some time alone everyday to reflect on what is happening in your body!
- Assist your body in cleansing by incorporating the following into your lifestyle:
- Take a daily bath with† Epsom salts and/or a daily sauna
- End your shower with a cool, invigorating spray of water over your entire body for 30 seconds. This will flush your blood into your internal organs and replenish oxygen and nutrients to the periphery.
- Consider acupuncture to assist the cleanse and reduce any cravings. We have created the “detox tune up” treatment specifically for this program.
- Remember that ELIMINATION is the primary way that the body gets rid of waste and toxins. It is important that you have at least one daily bowel movement (hopefully more)! We recommend using a gentle laxative daily during this detox. It is recommended to begin with 1-2 capsules in the evening before bed with 8 oz. of water. Try 2 capsules if one isn’t enough.
- Think about the COMMITMENT that you are making to yourself this week. What changes would you like to make in your health through diet and lifestyle? Cleansing is a wonderful way to “clear out the old and prepare for the new.”
BODY CLEANSE DIET Basic Recipes
NOTE: The last 2 “body cleanse shakes” of the day will simply be Body Cleanse Diet powder mixed with pure water. 2 scoops of Body Cleanse DIet Powder, 1 TBSP ground flax seeds, 6-8 oz. of water, 1 cup frozen berries (with no added sugar) or fresh fruit. Mix in blender and ENJOY!** The body-cleanse powder contains the necessary vitamins, minerals and appropriate nutrients to drive the metabolic processes needed to detoxify the body.
BODY CLEANSE Diet -- DETOX SOUP (preferably all organic ingredients) 2 stalks of broccoli, 1 bunch of red chard, 2 zucchini’s, 3-5 cloves of garlic, Ω bunch spinach, 1 cups green beans, 4 stalks celery, 3 beets, 4 carrots, large onion, 1/2 bunch kale, 2 leeks, 1 medium stalk of burdock root and/or any other vegetables that you might enjoy (avoid starchy vegetables) to nourish you in this body cleanse diet soup. Place the veggies in a large stockpot and add Ω as much water. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn down to low heat and simmer with a cover until all veggies are blanched. For a thicker soup, blend the veggies in your pot and add them back to the rest of the soup. Once your soup is complete, add cilantro and parsley to taste. Season with turmeric (1 tsp. or to taste), fresh grated ginger, fresh rosemary, basil and other spices to taste. Store the body cleanse diet soup in a glass container in the fridge; heat before serving and ENJOY!
BODY CLEANSE DIet DELICIOUS SALAD DRESSING (preferably all organic ingredients) 1 cup olive oil, 2 cups raw apple cider vinegar, 3-5 cloves minced garlic, 1 stalk or 1 tbsp. seaweed of choice flaked (fucus, kombu, nori, or dulse), lemon juice (optional), dill, oregano, basil and other herbs of choice. Blend and enjoy!**Increase recipe for multiple servings. Store body cleanse diet dressing in a glass container in the fridge.
The Basic food on the Body Cleanse Diet -- VEGETABLES (preferably all organic ingredients)
Please enjoy the amazing abundance of vegetables that this planet provides to NOURISH us. They are an amazing form of food, nourishment and medicine.† Explore and experiment with using different types of vegetables. Saute them with a little coconut oil (just a tsp.), juice them, lightly steam them, make soup or enjoy them in their raw form. We enjoy sprouts rolled in nori seaweed sheets lightly drizzled with salad dressing; sticks of carrots, celery and jicama make a nice snack. Have fun and be creative!!For maximum cleansing potential it is best to avoid starchy vegetables (sweet potato, potato, yam & squashes), as well as potential allergenic vegetables including corn & vegetables of the night shade family (pepper, tomato, eggplant & potato). Avocados may be used in moderation. Enjoy your 7 day body cleanse DIet and detoxification program.